Sunday, June 6, 2010

Life: Disregard for Human Nature connection

In the midst of studying for finals, I've come across 'Life.' I've never seen the series and am at the moment absolutely amazed by the visuals.

I believe that the series would serve as great support for an individual such as Muir wanting to preserve 'natural cathedrals.' My critique revolves around how human communities inhabiting such exotic and pristine places are disregarded. I am only about twenty minutes in, but it already seems as if though there is a huge focus on animals and vegetation, not so much on humans and the more biocentric connection.

Maybe you guys can look for yourselves and develop your own perception. Take a look at the the clip or go out and watch the series at its whole.

1 comment:

  1. Jose I've seen some Life episodes and have to agree. The series is amazing.
    I think you would be interested in the documentary "Home". Here is the official description and link to the trailer.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8IozVfph7I

    In 200,000 years on Earth, humanity has upset the balance of the planet, established by nearly four billion years of evolution. The price to pay is high, but it's too late to be a pessimist: humanity has barely ten years to reverse the trend, become aware of the full extent of its spoliation of the Earth's riches and change its patterns of consumption.

    ReplyDelete

Followers