Monday, May 3, 2010


Tahuya River Aparies

The last little stand I visited was the ‘Tahuya River Aparies.’ My friend decided he was in need of honey, so he made me choose what stick of honey flavor I wanted along with the ones he purchased. I chose the blackberry stick and decided to start a casual conversation with the young man at the stand.

The young man is the son of the man who began the group about 40 years ago. Today, the group handles about 100 bee-hives. The group sells honey at both the U-District and Ballard Farmer’s Market.

2 comments:

  1. Jose would you say most booths at the farmers market are family businesses? It would be interesting to see if farmers hire outside help and if those people are volunteers or paid workers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article.... but the image of the honeybee in the framed picture is a rip off from my personal images. Says something about the ethics of the entity using it doesn't it! Would you buy from them?
    See here for the original:
    www.pbase.com/peterbray/macro

    ReplyDelete

Followers